From the City of Delaware:
Garage and yard sale season is here and residents are reminded of the City’s regulations for such sales, as well as related sign regulations.
These regulations include:
- No permit or fee is required to hold a sale.
- No sale shall be conducted for more than three consecutive days.
- No sale shall be conducted by the same person or persons, group, club or organization, or at the same location, more than three times in a 12-month period.
- Maximum size of four (4) square-feet per sign.
- Signs cannot be placed on public property, including city parks, rights-of-way, street signs (including stop signs) or utility poles.
- Signs may be displayed one day prior to the sale, and during the sale, but must be removed within 24 hours of the end of the sale.
- Any signs placed in violation will be confiscated by the City of Delaware
- Whoever violates any provision of this chapter is guilty of a minor misdemeanor.
For more information, phone the Planning and Community Development Department, 740-203-1600.
City of Delaware