By 1808Delaware; City of Delaware
It’s that time of year when lawns, driveways, and yes, garages, are covered with items for sale to passers-by.
In almost all communities, garage sales are governed by local ordinances that establish guidelines for holding these events. The City of Delaware has several regulations on its books about which residents should be aware as they consider holding such a sale.
These include sign regulation considerations.
The City recently published a list of these regulations for residents. The include:
- No City of Delaware permit or fee is required to hold a sale.
- No sale shall be conducted for more than three consecutive days.
- No sale shall be conducted by the same person or persons, group, club or organization, or at the same location, more than three times in a 12-month period.
- Maximum size of four (4) square-feet per sign.
- Signs cannot be placed on public property, including city parks, rights-of-way, on street signs (including stop signs) or on utility poles.
- Signs may be displayed one day prior to the sale, and during the sale, but must be removed within 24 hours of the end of the sale.
- Any signs placed in violation will be removed by the City of Delaware
- Sale regulations are under “home sales” in Chapter 741.03 in the City of Delaware Code of Ordinances