Each summer, 1808Delaware shares ideas for travel around Ohio that might appeal to residents of Delaware County. While there is an outstanding collection of attractions and events right here at home, occasionally you might want to take a day trip to experience something unique. We call these “Summer Road Trips.”
We also regularly bring you news from Fremont, home to the Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Library and Museum. We think that the President (a Delaware native) and First Lady would certainly appreciate visitors from here.
This summer we share news of Verandah Concerts taking place on the front porch of the Hayes’ house, Spiegel Grove. The concerts take place twice monthly, with attendees sitting on lawn chairs or blankets on the front lawn.
While music begins at 7:00 PM, those who arrive a half hour early will be treated to ice cream.
This year’s concert schedule is as follows:
- June 15 – Fostoria Community Band, performing a variety of concert band music
- June 29 – Bridge County Bluegrass Band, performing bluegrass music
- July 13 – Grand Royale Ükulelists of the Black Swamp (GRÜBS)
- July 27 – Common Chords with Robert Jones and Matt Watroba, singing folk songs and creating connections through music
- Aug. 10 – The Chefs of Dixieland, performing Dixieland jazz
- Aug. 24 – North Coast Big Band, performing toe-tapping tunes of the World War II era
If there is inclement weather, concerts could be canceled. For updates, visit rbhayes.org or call 800-998-7737. Updates also will be posted on the Hayes Presidential Library & Museums’ social media pages.
Hours and ticket information for the house, museum, and library can be found here.