The new Liberty Maker Studio has now joined the existing Delaware Maker Studio, expanding horizons for DIY enthusiasts and creators. With the addition of this new space, the Delaware Main Library is now offering a wide variety of options for those eager to bring their creative ideas to life. The Liberty Maker Studio is not just a new location; it’s a new opportunity for the community to engage in hands-on learning and creation.
Every Wednesday is Maker Day
If you’ve ever been curious about how 3D printers work or wanted to try your hand at embroidery, the Delaware Maker Studios have got you covered. Every Wednesday, the Delaware Main Library hosts Maker Studio classes that offer a variety of learning experiences. These classes are divided into three main categories:
- Demos: These sessions provide an overview of how a specific machine operates. Attendees can see examples of projects and ask questions to gain a better understanding.
- Tutorials: These are interactive, hands-on classes where participants learn to operate a machine or software program. The best part? You get to try it yourself under expert guidance.
- Classes with Takeaways: In these unique sessions, not only do you learn how to create a specific item, but you also get to take your masterpiece home. All materials are provided; all you need to bring is your creativity.
Specialized Equipment for Every Maker
Both the Delaware and Liberty Maker Studios are equipped with an impressive array of specialized tools and machines. From 3D Printers and Laser Cutters to Sewing Machines and Wide Format UV Printer/Cutters, these studios are a haven for creators. The Delaware Maker Studio continues to offer its well-loved equipment, while the Liberty Maker Studio introduces new tools like Audio/Video and Photo Conversion setups, Comb Book Binder Heat Press, and Sublimation Printers.
DIY Spaces with Professional Guidance
While the Maker Studios are designed as DIY spaces, they are far from being just a room full of equipment. The staff at both locations are trained to provide the necessary knowledge and guidance to help you operate the machines. Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced maker, the staff is there to ensure that you can bring your design ideas to reality. If you’re just getting started, you can drop in anytime during the studio’s open hours for a tour or individual help.
For those interested in taking their skills to the next level, the Maker Studios offer a convenient online registration for their Wednesday classes. Simply visit the Delaware Library Maker Studio website to register and check the schedule.
Operating Hours and Locations
- Delaware Maker Studio:
- Monday: 10 a.m. – 12 p.m., 1 – 5 p.m.
- Tuesday: 1 p.m. – 7 p.m.
- Wednesday: Closed for classes
- Thursday: 1 p.m. – 7 p.m.
- Friday: 10 a.m. – 12 p.m., 1 – 5 p.m.
- Saturday – Sunday: Closed
- Liberty Maker Studio:
- Follows the same operating hours as the Delaware Maker Studio.
Whether you’re a DIY enthusiast, a student looking to learn new skills, or someone who just wants to explore their creative side, the Delaware and Liberty Maker Studios are your go-to destinations for hands-on learning and creation. With their specialized equipment and expert staff, these studios are setting a new standard for community engagement and empowerment.