By 1808Delaware, ODOT
This weekly report from ODOT District 6 highlights road construction projects which are beginning or underway in the multi-county area it serves. What follows are posted projects taking place within Delaware and Franklin Counties. Please stay safe and pay attention to these closures and work taking place during the week beginning on May 15. All the best for safe travels throughout 2022!
U.S. Route 42
U.S. 42 Resurfacing – U.S. 42 northbound between Section-Line Rd. and Sawmill Parkway will close starting Monday, May 2 for 84 days. Detour: SR 257 northbound to U.S. 36 eastbound to U.S. 23 southbound to U.S. 42.
U.S. Route 30 major rehabilitation – U.S. 30, from State Route 309 to just east of the 5th Avenue ramps, will have single lane closures for a major rehabilitation project. Traffic will always be maintained.
- The westbound pattern will consist of maintaining one lane of traffic westbound, from just east of 5th Avenue to SR 13, and two lanes of traffic westbound, from SR 13 to just west of SR 309.
- The eastbound pattern will consist of maintaining one lane of traffic eastbound, from just west of SR 309 to SR 13, and two lanes of traffic eastbound, from SR 13 to just east of 5th Avenue. The traffic along U.S. 30 eastbound will only have access to Trimble Road and SR 13.
- The U.S. 30 eastbound exit ramp to SR 39 is closed. The detour route will be to continue eastbound on U.S. 30 to the SR 13 exit, turn right onto Longview Avenue west to SR 13 north, take the SR 13 entrance ramp to U.S. 30 west, and continue west on U.S. 30 to the exit ramp to SR 39. Estimated reopening: September 2022
- The SR 39 entrance ramp to U.S. 30 eastbound is closed. The detour route will be to continue on SR 39 north to the SR 39 entrance ramp to U.S. 30 west, travel west on U.S. 30 to the Trimble Road exit, turn left on Trimble Road and re-enter onto the Trimble Road entrance ramp to U.S. 30 east. Estimated completion: September 2022
- The U.S. 30 eastbound exit ramp to 5th Avenue is closed. The detour route will be to continue eastbound on U.S. 30 to the Reed Road exit, turn left on Reed Road, travel north on Reed Road to the entrance ramp to U.S. 30 west, travel west on U.S. 30 to the 5th Avenue exit ramp. Estimated completion: September 2022
- The 5th Avenue entrance ramp to U.S. 30 east is closed. The detour route will be to continue north on 5th Avenue to the U.S. 30 westbound entrance ramp, travel on U.S. 30 west to the SR 13 exit, turn left on SR 13 to Longview Avenue, and take the Longview Avenue east entrance ramp to U.S. 30 eastbound. Estimated completion: September 2022
- Both eastbound and westbound traffic will be separated by portable concrete barrier throughout the length of the project. Lane widths will be 11’ throughout the work zone.
Estimated completion of entire project: May 2023
State Route 39 city of Shelby streetscape project – SR 39, SR 96, and SR 61 are a part of the sidewalk installation and streetscape improvements in the city of Shelby.
- SR 61 (Gamble Street), at the SR 39/96 (Main Street) intersection, is closed for 60 days. Crews will be installing sidewalks and crosswalks, completing signal improvements, completing streetscape items and drainage system improvements at the intersection. The detour route for southbound motorists will be SR 61 south to State Street, east on State Street to Broadway Street, south on Broadway Street to SR 39, south on SR 39 to Mickey Road, west on Mickey Road to SR 61, and reverse for northbound motorists. Estimated completion: Friday, June 10, 2022
- SR 39/96 (Main Street) will be reduced to one lane of traffic at the SR 61 intersection and will have two-way traffic maintained by a portable traffic signal during the 60-day closure.
Estimated completion for entire project: June 2022