The City of Powell, Ohio has officially issued a Request for Proposal (RFP) for the reconstruction of North Depot Street, extending from Olentangy Street to Case Avenue. The announcement, made on Monday, August 21, invites professional consulting firms to submit proposals for the detailed design and related services for this significant project.
Project Scope: Reimagining North Depot Street
The reconstruction of North Depot Street is an ambitious project that aims to transform the existing infrastructure. The plan includes:
- New 2-Way Public Street: The design will feature a 20 – 22 feet wide two-way public street.
- Pedestrian and Shared Use Paths: Ensuring accessibility and safety for pedestrians and cyclists.
- On-Street Parking: Convenient parking solutions for residents and visitors.
- Drainage Improvements: A comprehensive drainage system, including curb and gutter.
- Street Lighting and Signage: Modern lighting and clear signage for enhanced visibility.
- Intersection Analysis: A detailed analysis of the North Depot and Olentangy Street intersection.
- Utility Relocation and Future Fiber Expansion: Planning for private and public utility relocation and duct installation for future fiber expansion.
- Right-of-Way and Easement Acquisition: Necessary legal procedures for land acquisition.
- Maintenance of Traffic: Ensuring smooth traffic flow during the construction phase.
Proposal Submission: Details and Deadlines
Interested consulting firms are invited to submit their proposals for the detailed design and related services for the reconstruction of North Depot Street. The deadline for submission is Monday, September 11, 2023, at 2 p.m.
For any questions or clarifications regarding the RFP, interested parties may contact:
C. Aaron Stanford, City Engineer
- Phone: 614.885.5380
- Email: AStanford@cityofpowell.us
Professional consulting firms with the expertise and vision to contribute to this transformative project are encouraged to participate in the RFP. The successful completion of the North Depot Street reconstruction will undoubtedly contribute to a more vibrant, connected, and forward-looking City of Powell.