The United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) waivers that have allowed Olentangy Schools to offer students free breakfast and lunch during the 2020-2021 and 2021-2022 school years have not been extended for the 2022-2023 school year.
Therefore, Olentangy school meals will transition back to eligibility-based pricing (free, reduced, or paid). Breakfast and lunch will no longer be available at no cost to students. Below is Olentangy’s current meal pricing structure:
- Breakfast, all schools: $1.50
- Elementary School Lunch: $2.50
- Middle School Lunch: $2.75
- High School Lunch: $3.00/$3.50
Free and reduced-price meal applications are available for families that believe they may qualify. Reduced-price meals are $.30 for breakfast and $.40 for lunch.
In preparation for the school year, below are a few reminders:
- To purchase a meal, students must enter their Olentangy student ID number into the cashier pin pad. Please help your child(ren) learn their Olentangy student ID number prior to the first day of school.
- The student meal account is a debit card system, not a credit card system. Prompt payment of negative balances is appreciated. Please see Board of Education Administrative Guideline 8500D for the meal charge procedure. Food service payment options include:
- Online payments – Access the online payment system through your PowerSchool parent account (available August 11, 2022). Contact your child’s school building with any PowerSchool account login questions. Payments can’t be made through the Olentangy or PowerSchool mobile app.
- Cash – Cash payments must be in an envelope specified “lunch account” with the child’s first and last name, student ID number, and teacher’s name.
- Check– Make checks payable to “Olentangy Food Service” with your child’s name, ID number, and phone number. If making a deposit for more than one child, note the amount that should be deposited into each child’s account. Counter checks cannot be accepted as payment.
- You may view your child’s account history, which includes transactions and payment history, through your PowerSchool parent account, or contact the Olentangy Food Service office at 740-657-4053 or email@example.com. Low balance (under $10.00) and/or negative balance notifications are sent by email.
For additional information and to view menus, visit the Olentangy Schools Food Service department website.