Special to 1808Delaware
Westerville parents and community members can learn more about the district’s ongoing initiatives, upcoming priorities, and plans to follow through on work that was interrupted due to the pandemic in a new video series the district launched this month.
The videos, which will be released periodically through June, focus on themes of the district’s Forward Together strategic plan. Superintendent Dr. John Kellogg as well as district leaders presented a report on the Forward Together plan at a September board meeting.
The plan aligns community aspirations, provides clarity around a shared vision and responds to the demands of a competitive and fast-changing world. It was developed through stakeholder input from previous community engagement efforts around the district’s current Strategic Plan, Facilities Master Plan, Boundary Planning and Portrait of a Graduate.
The Forward Together plan is built around six performance objectives that feature important themes from the community, data, key targets and strategies to help move forward.
As part of the Forward Together plan, the district will:
- Design each student’s learning experience through the lens of our Portrait of a Graduate to ensure they receive necessary support for their academic and personal growth.
- Hire, develop and retain highly skilled teachers, staff and administrators who are dedicated to education and committed to continued professional growth.
- Strive to create a more equitable school community where all stakeholders feel valued.
- Create learning environments that are safe, supportive, and inspiring for staff and students.
- Ensure the wellness needs of students and staff are addressed so each individual is able to achieve their full potential.
- Honor the voice of all stakeholders by providing opportunities for two-way communication, engagement, and shared learning.
- Reaffirm our commitment to maximizing current resources and planning for future needs.
- Foster partnerships that bring additional resources to the district and add value to our work.
- District leaders also shared how Teaching and Learning, Facilities and Operations, Communications, Human Resources and the Treasurer’s Office are contributing to the components of the Forward Together plan.
Watch an introduction of the Forward Together video series here. The first segment features Tami Santa, director of Mental Health and Wellness, who shares what the district has been doing to ensure the wellness needs of students and staff are addressed. Watch the video here.