The process to rent rooms and shelters in Orange Township will be changing as of January 7.
A new software program will now be used for the following:
- North Orange Park Community Room
- North Orange Park Shelter
- North Orange Aquatic Center Pool Shelters
- Weekend resident rentals of the township hall Moffett and Thompson Rooms
The shelters at Glen Oak Park, Ro Park and Walker Wood Park will still be first come, first serve.
The changes are:
- No more deposits
- No longer be renting to non-residents
- No longer be going through township hall
- Reservations will be done strictly by the resident online
- No longer having to figure how much time you will need; you will be renting blocks of time (Cost is very similar to previous per hour pricing)
- Table and chairs will be made available to set up the way you would like; the Township will take them down for you. Do not forget to clean up.
- Payment will be by credit/debit card only
- Residents will need to stop by and pick up your key card at the township hall and drop the key card in the new mailbox provided at the community room after the event (mailbox already provided at township hall for weekend rentals)
Rentals must be made at least 30 days in advance of rental date, and civic organizations (HOAs etc.) will still be going through the township hall for their township hall rentals through the week
Starting Tuesday, January 7, go to: orangetwp.org. and follow the links for rentals. All rentals made before January 7 (agreements and deposits made) will be secure and dates and times honored.