There’s still time to catch a unique exhibition at The Arts Castle in Delaware.
Seven artists from Central Ohio have taken items we may view as waste and turn it into elements of whimsical fun or for earthly beauty in the current exhibit, “Trash Menagerie.”
- Artist Jaiymie Kiggins twists metal components into contemporary forms or a familiar item that feels lifelike.
- Ohio Alliance for Arts Education instructor, Eric Marlow, shines with metallic blooms.
- Catherine Bell Smith embraces nature’s own debris and forms delicate mosaics and 3-dimensional fairylike structures.
- Mary Ann Crago scours the forgotten portraits and puts a new spin on life stories.
- Shelly Brenner Baird takes discarded messages and preserves
them with the encaustic technique.
- Lauren Smith Richards takes scrapbooking to a new dimension.
- John Taylor Lehman, from Zanesville, rounds out the group with colorful bottle cap art.
This wonderful diverse collection is part of The Arts Castle’s winter exhibition which ends on Saturday. The exhibit is in conjunction with the annual 5th grade project that is sponsored by Honda of America.
For hours, call The Arts Castle at: 740.369.2787.