By Cole Hatcher
Ohio Wesleyan University today announced its December 2023 lineup of public events. Unless otherwise noted, admission is free.
- Now through March 24, 2024 – “Move: Mobility, Migration, and Belonging,” at Ohio Wesleyan’s Richard M. Ross Art Museum, 60 S. Sandusky St., Delaware. The exhibition of work by significant local and regional artists is curated to coincide with OWU’s first-year seminar, “How to Change Your World.” The course explores a pressing issue in contemporary life. The Ross Art Museum’s companion exhibit showcases artistic practices that consider how water has affected movement and belonging across history, place, and species. During the academic year, the museum is open Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Thursday from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.; and Sunday from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. It will be closed for Thanksgiving break from Nov. 20-24; for winter break from Dec. 17-Jan. 16, 2024; and for spring break from March 9-17, 2024. The museum is handicap-accessible and admission is always free. Call (740) 368-3606 or visit owu.edu/ross for more information.
- 8 p.m. Dec. 1 and 8 – Friday night skywatches, at Perkins Observatory, 3199 Columbus Pike (U.S. 23), Delaware. Content varies based on weather conditions, but may include a planetarium show, observatory tours, and stargazing with the 32-inch Schottland Telescope. Tickets are $10 in advance or $12 on the day of the event and at the door. Reserve tickets by calling (740) 363-1257. Learn more at owu.edu/perkins.
- 7:30 p.m. Dec. 1 – OWU Directing Class One-Acts, produced and mentored by faculty member Lusie Cuskey, in Chappelear Drama Center, 45 Rowland Ave., Delaware. Admission is free. For more information, call the box office at (740) 368-3855 or visit owu.edu/PerformingArts.
- 7 p.m. Dec. 2 – OWU Composition Class recital and junior recital featuring students of faculty member EunSeok Park and junior Maja Todorović, in Jemison Auditorium inside Sanborn Hall, 23 Elizabeth St., Delaware. Admission is free. For more information, visit owu.edu/PerformingArts.
- 3 p.m. Dec. 3 – OWU student recital, in Jemison Auditorium inside Sanborn Hall, 23 Elizabeth St., Delaware. Admission is free. For more information, visit owu.edu/PerformingArts.
- 7 p.m. Dec. 4 – Lessons and Carols concert, featuring sing-along Christmas carols and readings, in Gray Chapel inside University Hall, 61 S. Sandusky St., Delaware. In addition to OWU performers, the concert will feature the Delaware Community Chorus, Powell United Methodist Church Chancel Choir, and Linworth United Methodist Church Chancel Choir. Joshua Brodbeck will play the historic Klais pipe organ. OWU faculty member Jason Hiester will conduct the performers. Admission is free. For more information, visit owu.edu/PerformingArts.
- 7:30 p.m. Dec. 6 – Blair Kisker, MBA, vice president of finance and accounting for FC Cincinnati, presents “Following Passion to Career: From Accounting to the World of Soccer,” in the Benes Rooms inside Hamilton-Williams Campus Center, 40 Rowland Ave., Delaware. A 2012 Ohio Wesleyan graduate, Kisker joined FC Cincinnati, the city’s Major League Soccer franchise, in 2018. His work includes driving fiscal efficiency and strategic financial planning. Kisker’s presentation is Ohio Wesleyan’s 2023-2024 Robert L. Milligan Leaders in Business Lecture, organized by The Woltemade Center for Economics, Business and Entrepreneurship. Admission is free. Learn more at owu.edu/woltemade.
All Ohio Wesleyan public event information is subject to change. For the latest updates, visit owu.edu/calendar or “like” www.facebook.com/OhioWesleyanUniversityNews. For more Battling Bishop athletics events, visit battlingbishops.com.